Sunday, March 30, 2014

Meatball sandwiches....

What do you do with all those leftover meatballs from spaghetti and meatball night? Well you make meatball sandwiches, of course. If you didn't see yesterday's post for slow cooker meatballs here it is:  http://homeschoolin-chef.blogspot.com/2014/03/slow-cooker-meatballs-with-angel-hair.html

It is so easy! Just get yourself some french bread or a baguette. I found a par cooked french bread at my Kroger, then I baked it according to directions, let it cool the cut it into four equal portions. I microwaved the meatballs so they would be warm before I put them on the bread. Then I slit the bread halfway through horizontally and topped each piece with 4-5 meatballs. I then topped the meatballs with shredded mozzarella and that famous cheap powdery Parmesan. I prefer the good stuff but my husband prefers the powdered stuff on his meatball sandwiches.

I then baked the sandwiches at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, just until the cheese is brown, bubbly and delicious. We had our sandwiches with some sliced cucumbers, carrots and a small spinach salad. Sometimes leftover nights can be just as good as the first time around. You can even use that leftover sauce for dipping if you like your sandwich extra saucy.

Meatball Sandwich

1 French Baguette, cut into 4 equal pieces
2 cups shredded mozzarella (provolone is also delicious)
16-20 leftover meatballs
1 can powdered Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment